The 2017 Halloween Parade will be a night-time event starting this year at 7:00 PM on Monday, October 30.
The parade rain date is Tuesday, Oct 31st.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Pre-registration forms must be submitted to the Lititz Lions Club, PO Box 165, Lititz, PA 17543 by Monday, October 23. Click here to download the form. The registration table will be located at the LISTRAK parking lot at the corner of Oak and Main Street and will start at 6 PM, October 24.
The parade will begin and end on Main Street. ALL FLOATS & VEHICLES and WALKERS will be lined up on Main Street between Locust and Oak. The parade will officially start at 7:00 PM at Locust and Main Street traveling west on Main Street and ending at the Square. PARADE JUDGES will be located at Sturgis Lane and Main Street.
WALKERS in parade-all walkers after the parade ends at the Square will be directed across 501/Broad Street onto West Main Street and parents should pick up their children in the area of the Lititz Mutual lot on West Main Street. There will be traffic control at the Square to assist the WALKERS in crossing Broad Street
FLOATS/VEHICLES-all floats and vehicles after the parade ends at the Square will turn RIGHT onto North Broad Street. All floats and vehicles with riders are encouraged to continue NORTH on Broad and turn right onto FRONT Street and return to the Bonfield School area for drop off. There will be traffic control at the Square to assist FLOATS/VEHICLES.
1. Cars used for Halloween Court and Lion's Club President
2. Cars or trucks used to pull floats. Business vehicles bearing company name and logo may be used, however, the business name and logo should not be a part of the main float.
3. Civic, social, fraternal, school and scout groups may enter.
4. Horses or other animals are allowed only if followed by your own clean-up person.
5. Bicycles, go-carts, motorcycles are allowed if they are decorated and entered into one of the prize divisions.
1. No political floats.
2. No commercial or business organization entries. Please refer to description of a vehicle pulling a float.
3. No cars or trucks. Please refer to description of a vehicle pulling a float.
4. No throwing of objects to spectators from floats or moving vehicles. Handouts can be made by walkers along the parade route.
Lititz Boro Police are requesting a public media announcement regarding
placement of chairs, blankets, etc. as follows:
1. Police will be bagging parking meters three (3) hours before scheduled event.
2. People may put chairs and blankets down two (2) hours before scheduled event (parade). On blocks where there are no parking meters, people may put chairs and blankets down five (5) hours before event
3. Chairs and blankets will be collected by police if policy is not followed as indicated, subject to penalties and fines according to law.
For additional information, e-mail Lion Mike Haines at email@example.com